Accelerate the promotion of sustainable energy and environmental programs in developing countries and countries in transition.
Apply global knowledge base and experience to customize local sustainable solutions that are replicable and adaptable, to make a global mainstream impact toward sustainable development and greenhouse gas emissions reduction.
Our unique values are strived to provide sustainable solutions with proven technical capabilities, implement with wealth of practical and international experience in Asia and Pacific regions.
Commitment to IIEC MissionSince its establishment, almost 30 years ago, IIEC staff have comprised of professionals who were passionate about its mission in the pursuit of energy efficiency and conservation as a pragmatic cornerstone for sustainable development. IIEC’s recruitment policies have ensured the engagement of committed staff from the region, with both local and international experience. This provides IIEC with unique “boots on the ground” capacity for implementation.
Strategic Approach and InnovationIIEC prides itself in being the forerunner in energy efficiency project implementation and achieving tangible results that benefit society as a whole. The focus has been the practical application of EE&EC and developing meaningful long-term partnerships with a range of stakeholders and project partners. Extensive on-site research is conducted prior to design of programs and Monitoring & Verification (M&V) procedures are established prior to implementation. The IIEC approach has become known for its innovations in finance such as eco-housing mortgages, in new technologies such as solar thermal hybrids, and in policies such as feeder based demand acquisition. This approach has ensured the expansion of pilot programs to large scale implementation utilising the resources of local institutions for sustainability.
Wealth of International Experience in Asia and Pacific RegionIIEC has grown from strength to strength in the implementation Demand-Side Management (DSM) and a wide range of EE and Renewable Energy (RE) projects in the Asia Pacific region. Current IIEC staff in Asia have project experience in the Philippines, China, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, South Africa, Kenya, Maldives, Malawi, Mongolia, USA, Australia, New Zealand and India on energy efficiency and renewable energy related projects.
Practical Experience in Utility Supported DSM and EE Programs in Asia Pacific Region and AfricaThe proposed IIEC Consultants have had significant recent (and some current) experience in all aspects of DSM & EE Program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, load and market research and training. These include:
- Pacific Islands – Promoting Energy Efficiency (2011 – ongoing) – ADB funded
- Sri Lanka – Implementation of Energy Efficiency Policy Initiatives (2011 – ongoing) – ADB funded
- Malawi - Energy Efficient Lighting Program (2011 – ongoing) – DFID funded
- Philippines – Energy Efficiency Project (2010 – ongoing) – ADB funded
- Vietnam – DSM/EE Pilot Commercial Energy Efficiency Project (2004 – 2009) – World Bank funded
- Vietnam – EVN DSM Phase 2 Program (2005 – 2007) – World Bank funded
- Lao PDR – DSM and EE Phase 1 Project (2007 – ongoing) – World Bank funded
- Philippines – Efficient Lighting Market Transformation Project (2006 - 2009) – UNDP funded
- India – Reliance Energy DSM Plan (2006 – 2008) – Utility funded
- India – DSM Implementation and EE Building Codes (2003 – 2006) – USAID funded
- Pacific Islands – DSM Pilot Project Design & Implementation (2001 – 2006) – UNDP funded
- South Africa – DSM Program (2001 - 2003) – USAID funded
- Philippines – Green Buildings Project (2000 – 2004) – USAID funded
- Sri Lanka - DSM Implementation and Load Research Project (1999 – 2002) – World Bank funded
- Philippines - DSM Program (1997 – 1999) – USAID Funded
- Thailand – EGAT DSM Program (1991 – 1998) – World Bank funded