Clean Energy Finance & Investment
At a Glance:
IIEC designs innovative financing mechanisms and provides capacity building in project financing to facilitate access to finance for Energy Efficiency (EE) and Renewable Energy (RE) projects. We seek to identify and promote financing opportunities for employing technologies and initiatives to mitigate carbon emissions. Our programs foster growth in clean energy markets by developing financing solutions, identifying economic opportunities, reducing perceived investment risks, and connecting stakeholders across sectors in order to build environmentally sound financial partnerships.
Our programs address all stages of project finance – from identifying appropriate funding mechanisms to capacity building on clean energy project finance for stakeholders on both the supply and demand sides. We work with financial institutions, entrepreneurs, project developers, governments, and Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) to build investment potential and ensure both monetary and environmental returns. This involves helping institutions assess the financial viability of clean energy programs, and designing financial models to suite programmatic needs.
IIEC’s experience in this key activity, categorized by country is listed below:
- Assess Potential Investment Opportunities for Sovereign Guaranteed Loan in City Gas and District Cooling Market in India (2019)
- Development of Financial Products and Related Institutional Mechanisms - India (2003 - 2005)
- Enhancing the Energy Efficiency Impact of the National Clean Energy Fund (2015)
- Strategic Framework for Implementation of EE Projects for Indian Water Utilities (2004 - 2005)
- Design of Risk Sharing Mechanism for the "Palawan New and Renewable Energy and Livelihood Support Project" - Philippines (2002 - 2005)
- Financial Advisory for the "CBRED Project on Renewable Energy Initiatives and Delivery Mechanism" - Philippines (2005)
- Financial Capacity Building Package for the Industrial Energy Efficiency Project in Philippines (2015 - 2016)
- PELMATP Design and Implementation of EEL Micro Financing Scheme - Philippines (2008 - 2009)
- PELMATP Formulation and Implementation of EEL Leasing Model - Philippines (2008 - 2009)
Regional & Global