Board of Directors
IIEC’s Board of Directors is comprised of nine members, who are dedicated to providing strategic guidance to the organization as it advances its goal to promote sustainable and efficient energy use in developing nations and economies in transition. The current membership includes:
- Mr. John R. Mollet, Chairperson (Vice President, Copper Foundation, USA)
- Mr. Dilip Limaye, Board Member (President, SRC Global Inc, USA)
- Mr. Mark Radka, Board Member (Director, Energy Division, UN Environment Programme, France)
- Mr. Brian Castelli, Board Member (CEO, National Home Performance Council, USA)
- Mr. Amit Bando, Board Member (Clean Technology Advisor, USA)
- Ms. Leslie Black Cordes, Board Member (Vice President for Programs, Ceres, USA)
- Mr. Stephen Kokoda, Board Member (Vice President, International Copper Association, USA)
- Mr. Felix Gooneratne, Board Member (Executive Director, IIEC, Thailand)
- Dr. Umeshwar Shrivastav, Board Member (Director, IIEC India)
- Mr. Sanjay Dube, Board Member (President & CEO, IIEC)
Ms. Leslie Black Cordes is Vice President for Programs at Ceres where she oversees the nonprofit’s climate and energy, water, and food and forest teams. In addition to her work leading subject area programmatic and campaign strategies at the Boston-based Ceres, she serves on the organization's leadership and program management teams.
Leslie has 30+ years of domestic and international experience in the clean energy, water, environment, and climate fields, with expertise in nonprofit program management, resource mobilization, strategic planning, policy, and regulatory work. She has helped launch a number of global initiatives during her career, including the international Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, the Municipal Network for Energy Efficiency, and the Asia Sustainable Energy Initiative. Leslie joined Ceres from her recent role as Vice President of Programs and Operations for Alliance for Justice, a national social justice nonprofit. Her previous positions include Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships and Interim Executive Director at the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves, Senior Director for Partnership Development at the United Nations Foundation, and Branch Chief for Clean Energy Supply and Industry at the Environmental Protection Agency, where she had responsibility for the Climate Leaders, Green Power, and Combined Heat and Power Voluntary Partnerships. Leslie also served in a number of senior roles at the Alliance to Save Energy, including positions as Acting Co-President, Vice President of Program Development, and Director for International Programs. She has also served as deputy director of the U.S. Agency for International Development's Energy Efficiency Program and as Professional Staff Member at the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, where she had a legislative portfolio of climate change, renewable energy, energy efficiency, wetlands, and alternative fuel vehicle issues.
Leslie has a Bachelor's degree in Political Economics from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master's degree in International Trade and Finance from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service. She lives in Washington, DC with her husband and has two adult children.