International Motor Challenge (IMC)
This project involved an assessment of the market and the promotion of the use of energy-efficient motors. IIEC leveraged other activities to oversee specific activities in India and to provide support for Motor Challenge activities in other Asian countries.
Important activities included:
• Building in-country support among key Indian organizations to participate in the Indian Motor Challenge Program by:
1. Arranging a roundtable meeting between Indian industry representatives and key organizations in India;
2. Providing technical advice on the availability and applicability of existing Motor Challenge materials to the Indian market.
• Identifying several key organizations in China that are active in promoting energy efficiency that may be interested in working with DOE on a Motor Challenge Program in China.
• Coordinating with local organizations in the Philippines on using Motor Challenge materials and organizing follow-up activities such as a Motor Challenge workshop.